The School District of Hillsboro is accepting applications for a 1.0 FTE Administrative Assistant to support the Middle/High School and District Office.
Hours of work: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. (12 month position)
Job Summary: Responsible for providing support and clerical assistance to the Middle/High School and District Office.
Reports To: MS/HS principal, Business Manager and Superintendent
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs required office duties including, but not limited to editing written communications, typing, filing (including electronic filing) copying, compiling materials, communicating, faxing, scanning, answering phone calls, taking messages, researching, etc.
- Collect data using word processing and spreadsheet programs and databases includingGoogle applications.
- Prepare, submit and distribute correspondence.
- Assist the Business Manager with monitoring budgets.
- Maintain and process time and attendance information for the department including processing requests for vacation, personal leave time, and other leave of absence requests.
- Process and maintain purchase orders.
- Develops an understanding and proficiency with the various required District’s and Department’s technology programs and data systems.
- Maintain the Website and electronic sign.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve when policies or procedures may not be clearly defined.
- Perform other duties assigned which relate to the functions of the job.
- Associates degree preferred with administrative/office management experience as well as general knowledge of school operations.
- Ability to keyboard a minimum of 60 wpm (ideal)
- Familiarity with current office procedures and equipment such as computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, phone system, etc
- Advanced experience in word processing, databases and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft and Google).
- Experience in a fast paced office environment with demonstrated flexibility and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to work effectively with staff, parents, students and the community.
- Ability to exercise initiative, original thinking and judgment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Customer-service orientation with the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Provides consultation and support to staff on a daily basis.
- Keen interest in the education of students and the quality of service they deserve.
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Custom Questions
- Application Deadline: July 13, 2018
- All materials must be submitted via WECAN.